|Release date||September 7, 2010|
|Genre||Sports (ice hockey)|
|Age rating(s)|| |
|Credits | Rosters | Codes | Walkthrough|
NHL Slapshot is EA Sports' first ice hockey video game on the Nintendo Wii. The game was released on September 7, 2010. It is the first game in the NHL series since NHL 2005 to receive an E rating, mainly because the game does not include fighting.
Wayne Gretzky is the game's cover athlete, and also serves as the in-game coach for beginners. This marked the first time that the EA Sports NHL series featured a retired ice hockey player on the cover as well as Wayne Gretzky's first appearance on a cover of a video game since Gretzky NHL 06.
- Peewee to Pros: Players are able to create their own 12-year-old hockey players or choose from a range of actual NHL players such as Wayne Gretzky, Alexander Ovechkin, Roberto Luongo, and Sidney Crosby. The player then progresses from the CHL and AHL up to the NHL.
- Battle for the Cup: Like the NHL series on the Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3, players are able to "Battle for the Cup" in a 1, 3, 5, or 7 game series.
- Season: Like the regular NHL series, Season mode is available as well. The player chooses from the 30 NHL teams, 30 AHL teams, and 60 CHL teams, and try to win the Stanley Cup by progressing.
- Free 4 All: Players can take on three friends and try to score the most goals.
- 2v2 Mini Rink: Players play an NHL game with 2 players on the ice for each team instead of 5.
- Shooter vs. Goalie: This mode allows a 1-on-1 battle involving two players. The shooter shoots from about the blue line, while the goalie tries to block his shots.
- Classic Shootout: Like NHL 11, this mode is a regular NHL shootout.
Hockey stick peripheralEdit
A miniature hockey stick peripheral will be released with the game, allowing (but not requiring) the player to insert the Wii Remote and its Nunchuk attachment and simulate playing with a real hockey stick.
- NHL 11, another ice hockey video game by EA Sports, to be released for the PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360.